Tenant Information & Services
If you have any concerns or questions regarding day to day operations of your building or suite (ie: temperature control, lighting, electrical, etc.), we want to hear from you. To place your request for service, please contact us.
Finally, warm weather has arrived. Which means it is time to enjoy the MIP Courtyard and patio once again! Listed below are a few other upcoming activities to enjoy, as well as a few MIP General Updates. For up to the minute updates connect with MIP through our social media sites - we are on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn with more coming in the future. Have a wonderful week MIP!
MIP Fitness Facility Updates
- Please note the Zumba Class start time has been changed to 5:00pm for the remainder of the series upon request by the participants.
- All Fitness classes on Friday May 24th will be cancelled due to a much deserved day off for our Instructor Mark.
MIP Tenant Events & News
- McMaster University will be hosting its annual McMaster Innovation Showcase on Friday, May 10th, 2013 at the McMaster University Student Centre. This year the event focuses on new technologies and research about the products and services designed to assist our aging population to live well, longer.
- The Weever Apps success story just added another chapter. Techvibes, the leading national technology media property, recently released its list of the Top 100 Start Up Companies in Canada. Weever Apps, the resident app developer at McMaster Innovation Park, made the list for the first time in their young existence. Congrats Weever! We look forward to seeing what you have in store for the future. Read more …
- Please remember the Fill a Bus, Feed a Family food drive run by the Kirkendall Neighbourhood Association has bins located in the eating area of the Atrium. The last chance to donate is this Saturday morning, so please bring in non-perishable items.
- Calling all artists! Deadline to submit for the 12th Art in the Workplace event is June 13, 2013 at midnight. Check out all the details here.
- For the scholars among us, and those looking to upgrade their skills, spring classes will be starting at Mac shortly. Both flexible in-class and online courses are available. Check out the course offerings here.
- What if you had the power to take an idea and make it big? What if you could learn and use the skills and strategies of successful innovators and entrepeneurs? The Big Ideas: Creativity, Design, and Innovation Camp at McMaster introduces campers (Grade 7/8) to design thinking, a key tool successful entrepeneurs use to innovate and create new ideas. With their knowledge of science and engineering, campers will design low-resolution, stage-one prototypes that capture innovative solutions to real world challenges. To register and learn more, click here.
MIP General Updates
- May is Spring Cleaning Month at MIP! Our Facilities Department has provided a large garbage bin at the end of the loading dock behind the Atrium@MIP Building. This bin will remain onsite until the afternoon of May 17th, 2013. If you have any items in your office that you wish to dispose of please feel free to drop them off in this bin. There are also a number of Tenant owned items accumulating in the loading dock area in general, please ensure that these items or either disposed of or claimed and removed from the loading dock by noon on the 17th. Any items remaining after this deadline will be added to the bin and removed that afternoon.
- Please note that sidewalk repairs along the front of the Atrium@MIP and CANMET Buildings have begun and will continue over the coming week. The area is open to pedestrians, but please watch your step.
Other Services at MIP
- Employment Opportunities
- Ink/Toner Recycling Program - drop off used items to the Admin Office, suite 105 for collection
- Join the MIP Fitness Facility
- Fitness Facility Classes
- Conference Facility Booking
- Storage Facilities
- Battery Recycling Program - drop off depot located in the Admin Office, suite 105.