Alternative Transportation Options
McMaster Innovation Park is well situated for easy access by vehicle or public transit for residential and commuting personnel. The MIP is located at 175 Longwood Road South, in western Hamilton on Highway 403. This provincial freeway provides easy access to MIP from the Niagara Peninsula through to Greater Toronto including areas such as Ancaster, Brantford, Hamilton, Guelph Waterdown, Burlington, Mississauga, GTA and Buffalo commuters.
Smart Commute Hamilton is an association led by the City of Hamilton which works with local businesses and community organizations to provide programs and initiatives that encourage the use of active and sustainable transportation.
Car pooling and van pooling: exclusive ridematching programs for employers
Emergency Ride programs
Incentives, promotions, Clean Air Commute and other fun events
VIA Rail Corporate Discount Program for Smart Commute. Select the following link to get going with VIA Rail: Smart Commute Corporate Discount Program
In the vicinity of the MIP, bike lanes are planned along:
- Longwood Road (Longwood Road from Aberdeen Avenue across Highway 403 and continuing north to the Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG) park lands)
- Aberdeen Avenue from Longwood Road to Dundurn Street
- Marion Avenue South, a local neighbourhood Street north of Main Street West, is a designated bike route connecting the Longwood Road route to Westdale village.
Local public transit service in Hamilton is operated by the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR), a department of the City of Hamilton. This area is well served by the following public transit services:
- 6 Aberdeen bus route
- 5 Main West/Delaware bus routes
- 1 King/5 West Hamilton/10 Beeline/51 University bus routes